Product Development Manager
As you will...
- Through analysis of the market, user research and competitive research & benchmarking contribute to the vision, strategy and roadmap for the product (why - what - when);
- Create new product introduction plans;
- Assess market potential, create forecast and business plan;
- Work closely with the strategy & R&D teams in HQ;
- Stay up-to-date with all technical developments; know what is happening on the market and follow the latest trends in the industry;
- Assess and address technical risks;
- Understand customer needs and translate them into requirements;
- Contact point for all questions about the product;
- Provide internal product training as well as training to dealers/customers;
- Work closely with the sales, marketing & product support teams;
As you must have...
- Bachelor or Master, strong technical background is needed;
- Strong language skills: Dutch and English – French and/or German is a plus – every other language is an additional advantage;
- Experience with material handling equipment – preferably forklifts and warehouse equipment;
- Computer literate, strong MS office skills in particular MS Excel;
- Knowledge of ERP-systems, preferably SAP;
- Commercial Acumen with strong customer focus and passion for delivery;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Team player, self-driven and result oriented;
- Responsible, meticulous and resourceful;
- Innovative mindset;
- Good communication skills;
- Willingness to travel internationally (50% to 70% of the time);
Our client is one of the leading international companies active in the forklift and materials handling business and was founded more than 50 years ago. They supply forklifts to over 90 countries and have become a preferred supplier to the world’s leading fleet users.
The European headquarters are located in Belgium (Flanders) and they have also sales offices in France, Italy and Germany.
For our client we are currently looking for an Product Development Manager to strengthen their European operations.